Friday, October 1, 2010

Love Is Love

I want my readers to know that this relationship was real.  I will tell the truth in ALL forms.  The good, the bad, the ugly.  At present I have only written about the beginning of our love story. I have openly admitted that I am a skeptic and often am guilty of over analyzing then overlooking things.  This is merely my side of the story.  Derek has spent a year publicly telling his version and I thought it was time to tell mine.  This blog isn't going to be a forum for me to bash him because after all he ended up being the love of my life to this day.  And I have already expressed that I hate martyrs and victims.

You will read in future blogs of his sweet nothings, him being one of the greatest father's I have ever known, his loyalty to his family and the journeys of our love affair.  Looking back at it now, I am grateful that I lived and loved him, but even more grateful that I learned to find the courage to love myself more.  Derek was tenacious and charismatic and his personality was infectious.  Unfortunately, he just didn't have the courage to live in reality.  It was such a juxtaposition... He was one of the greatest men I had ever met, but without his fortune he was a complete coward.

I will talk of our romances, our travels, his eagerness to please me.  I will take full responsibility for my errors in this relationship, as well.  I will share all of our history, as it has made me the woman I am today.  And I am very proud of that.  But let me remind you, the other shoe always drops.  And once your heart is invested a million percent, your mind doesn't mean anything anymore.  And after all, Love is love...

To be continued...

*Oriana

1 comment:

  1. Also, once your heart is invested a million percent, the money doesn't matter anymore. Love is priceless, and anyone who wants to or thinks they have to put a price on it is a complete fool, and the other should walk away. Money comes and goes. Love is forever.

    ReplyDelete