As cathartic as writing these real life events down, it is nice to finally have a voice. I have been silent for far too long and as we know there are two sides of every story. Many friends have witnessed my struggle to find myself again, and many of my friends chose the more opportunist material side. All in all, this has been the most difficult year and a half of my life and I am finally ready to tell my side. I lost myself for a long time and have finally found the woman I love again. I owe my family everything, because the moments I didn't want to breath, they breathed for me. It is often said that in times of tragedy you learn who your real friends are. I gave up everything, including myself for a man I loved and it still wasn't good enough. When I left, I left with nothing except knowing what I was worth. So starting from scratch with life, I chose to not be a victim. Sometimes the sweetest revenge is success and happiness. And I am forever grateful for the lessons I learned along this journey. I no longer am holding my breath. I choose to exhale.
*Oriana
I know not of the details of this tragic time in your life, but know tragedy all too well....we all have our own path, accomplishments, mistakes and sides of the story....telling your side now is going to help build the momentum towards a more positive future...it is the same for all humans....once you feel that you have been heard, you will no longer feel the need to tell the story...and then it truly is the past…its your record….set it straight and to hell with what anyone else has to say about it!
ReplyDeleteIt is often said that in tragedy you learn who your real friends are….and I believe this to be true….but I also believe that in tragedy you learn more about who you are….with grace from the Gods we will have long lives to learn about who we are, who we were and who we want to become…..hats off to you for pursuing your own truth!
Anastasia,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your kind words and belief in me. I have been around you in some of your dark days and I marvel at your strength and resilience.
xoxox
*O
"once you feel that you have been heard, you will no longer feel the need to tell the story"....Love this because it is truly one of the fundamentals of this human experience we are all going through. Thank you for the reminder, Anastasia. I hope you don't mind if I use it as my facebook status for today.
ReplyDeleteOriana - you are such a good writer! I am really enjoying your blog and even more, I'm so happy you are being heard! Love you!